Thursday 18 October 2007

1st Anniversary Dinner

SHOUT OUT TO LIYING:
Sorry about your phone.. I know how it feels. I've been there and done that. Just believe, "whatever goes around, comes around"


22 September 2007

It was the date of our anniversary. But it is unfortunate that we couldnt be together at that time. Steve was at Jakarta, while me stuck here at Sydney having my assignment. So yesterday was the payback time. We arranged a dinner at "China Doll", a restaurant which belongs to Steve's teacher. So we did get a VIP service.

At first they recommended us a list of cocktails... For 19 years I have never drink a martini, so yesterday was the perfect time for me to have one.. and such a coincidence, the waiter did recommended me to have a glass of Rose and Lemongrass Martini which is absolutely good! I saw the price, it was $13 per glass, but I do not care less, I ordered another one... As soon as I finished the second glass, I was ready to order the third glass, but Steve insist for me not to drink any of the martini after the second glass. Frankly speaking, I can feel the body heat, and it was suddenly became so hot. lol.

After such a wonderful martini, Steve ordered the entree which is Seafood Dumpling with Scallop. And it was soooo damn good! Even now, I'm drooling just to imagine how the food was last night..

For the main course, we ordered Crispy Pork Belly w Chilli Caramel & Nam Pla Phrik [whatever it is], it was good, but for me it was too salty. The pork and the sauce.. Yet taste good. But not as good as the dumpling!....


Besides that, we also ordered Penang Curry of Braised Wagu Beef Shin. This one taste so good. I love it. The meat was so soft, the sauce was spicy enough for me yet too spicy for Steve. lol.

After we finished our food, the waiter said that there's something for us. It's a Caramel Roasted Pears w Tiger Beer Ice Cream. You may think the Ice Cream might taste weird because of the beer, but trust me, you want it for more!!!

To be honest, yesterday was such an unforgetable moment. Inspite of it was our 1st Anniversary Dinner, but the restaurant, the food, the drinks, the service... It was all good. I can't wait for another martini there...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ye i know "What goes around comes around" but this time it "comes back around to me!" LOLOLOL

becoz while LY lost her ph, i was given a new one ^^

*my bad if i upset u LY*

.denise said...

ahha.. meanie mike! yea.. that what are friends for!! *sarcastically*